- On September 5th, Idaho Public Television aired a special half-hour FocusWest presentation on Tribal Water Rights. View an archived stream of the show. Explore some precedent-setting tribal water rights court cases.
LOS AMERICANOS, which examines issues surrounding the growing Hispanic population in the west, has completed its July airings. View the show via streaming media or read a transcript.
- Dan Popkey of the Idaho Statesman visited the studio for the taping of our next FocusWest production, Read his report.
- "Thinking Like a river: From Knapsack Col to the Sea of Cortez." A two-day public conference hosted by Western Wyoming Community College, Rock Springs, WY, that will focus on the Green River and its place in the Colorado River Basin. June 28-29, 2002. A project of movingwaters.org.
DRAINING THE WEST?, our second FocusWest production, aired twice on IdahoPTV and Wyoming Public Television.
- Water and policy experts Jeff Fassett, David Getches, Lynn Tominaga, Wendy Wilson, Bill Loftus, and Howard Neibling discussed the issues at our on-line forum devoted to "Water in the West." View an archive of the discussion.
WESTERN DIVIDE aired twice on Wyoming Public Television and Idaho Public Television.
- View an archived stream of the February 21 IdahoPTV DIALOGUE that offers a further look at the grazing issues explored in WESTERN DIVIDE.
- Continue to participate in one of the on-line forums devoted to public lands issues at Headwatersnews.org.
- Visit the website for the OUTDOOR IDAHO episode of "The Public's Land."
- View an archived stream of the February 7 IdahoPTV DIALOGUE, where host Joan Cartan-Hansen and her guests discuss the hard work of rural economic development that happens outside the RURAL.COM spotlight.
- View the transcript of our live chat from the night of the WESTERN DIVIDE show.
- Before there were "public lands": a Native American perspective on place and "making the world."
- Where are the public lands in Idaho, Wyoming, and Nevada? Interactive maps.
- How did the so much western land become "public?" A brief history.